Rear wiper switch

Restoring or repairing your CSK? Please share the joy (or otherwise!) here, and also please feel free to ask questions too. We'll try to help but our advice is an opinion only and you use it at your own risk...

Rear wiper switch

by stuclark » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:43 pm

Here's a quicky (hopefully)... when you pull the rear wiper switch towards you, do you get a single wipe, or does the wiper enter into a timed wipe pattern which will keep going until you pull the switch again?
CSK 109: Genuinely 34K miles, genuinely unrestored, genuinely in need of some TLC.

Re: Rear wiper switch

by John.Reddie » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:16 am

Stu - I think mine is correct. Pulling the switch towards me gives intermittent rear wipe, generally 3 wipes on the first go but doubles thereafter at a preset interval. Pushing it away does the wash wipe - with a single sweep unless you hold the switch. As far as I can recall, my p;revious 1989 4dr did the same but perhaps not the 3 then 2 wipes so that could be a dodgy timer/relay on my CSK.

Anyone else???
John - CSK072
WebMaster - www.rangerovercsk.com

by stuclark » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:42 pm

I thought that's how they're meant to work... which indicates that mine has a blown timer / relay.

Whatever it is that's wrong can't bee too serious though, as I can still physically get the wiper to work.

Interestingly, pushing the switch away from me just makes the washer work, the wiper does not come on.
CSK 109: Genuinely 34K miles, genuinely unrestored, genuinely in need of some TLC.

by stuclark » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:51 pm

Do any of you happen to know the RR part number for the wiper relay? I think it's meant to be 9957, but there's also a 73xx part number which seems to be the same thing...

by Gareth » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:10 pm

so thats what its ment to to! mine operates withe wash/wipe pressing forward and just wipe pulling back. the problem is i get constant wiping either way and the only way to turn it off is turning the interior light on and so fooling it to thinking the top hatch is open which cancels the wiper (or open the door/turn ignition off)! :S any ideas?
No. 57
old enough to know better-young enough not to care

by stuclark » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:34 pm

hmm, not sure about your one Gareth. It could be something up with the relay, or it could be connected to the interior light delay unit, as this is connected to the wash / wipe switch and relay. (according to the book of words in front of me)