Getting to kow your car... relays (HELP!)

Restoring or repairing your CSK? Please share the joy (or otherwise!) here, and also please feel free to ask questions too. We'll try to help but our advice is an opinion only and you use it at your own risk...

Getting to kow your car... relays (HELP!)

by Robert » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:17 am

Goodmorning all,

Having spent half the Easter Weekend on a wild goose chase, I am in dire need of your help. My arm is bit lame as the result of using it to indicate turns: the flasher-relay died/malfunctioned during a trip and I can't locate, let alone identify the correct relay. I bit dim, I agree.

Can anyone give me a hint as to the color and location of the flasher-relay?

I never realized how many relays were hidden all across the car, in nooks and crannies,under the dashboard, behind the footwellcover, under my seat. Did I miss out on a hiding place?

Cheers!
Robert Heezen CSK050

Re: Getting to kow your car... relays (HELP!)

by Robert » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:32 pm

Couldn't wait any longer and stripped the footwellcovers and dashboardcover, removing every relay one after the other with the indicator on and replacing the empty socket with the new relay. Then - after 8 attempts - there was a blinking light!...Probably not the smartest DIY-mechanic's way to solve problems but it worked.

Will never leave my workshop manual with a friend again.
Robert Heezen CSK050

by Gareth » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:24 pm

quite a way to find out! hope youmarked it for next time! (:D
No. 57
old enough to know better-young enough not to care

by Robert » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:49 am

hahaha Did mark it indeed... and I agree it's not the smartest way of operating... but it got the job done in the end. This weekend I'll get my manual back and will try mapping out the full relay-layout (a bit like the fuse-box: very handy)
Robert Heezen CSK050