Tyres

Restoring or repairing your CSK? Please share the joy (or otherwise!) here, and also please feel free to ask questions too. We'll try to help but our advice is an opinion only and you use it at your own risk...

Tyres

by John.Reddie » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:03 pm

I've just fitted a set of 205x80x16 Michelin Synchrones to my CSK. These are supposed to be good on road wet/dry tyres with some off-road performance, which suits my usage of CSK072 perfectly as the off-road bit will be pine-forest tracks rather than hostile terrain.

Some people have suggested these are noisy, but the worn-out Michelins that came off (the older M+S style) were hardly subtle so we'll see what I think after a few long runs.

I tried a couple of Goodyears on the front for a day and they came straight off again. Hideous. Mind you, one of them was flawed - circular tyres are probably a good idea! - and having the whole car as a vibrating massage couch was an interesting experience!

Stay tuned...
John - CSK072
WebMaster - www.rangerovercsk.com

Re: Tyres

by DAVID KENNEDY » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:23 pm

I HAVE JUST FITTED THE SAME!
THEY FEEL MUCH GRIPPIER ROUND CORNERS WHICH
RESULTS IN A FEELING OF SLIGHT UNDERSTEER.
I NOTICED THEY PUT 28 PRESSURE IN AND AM WONDERING
IF I SHOULD UP IT A BIT.

Re: Tyres

by John.Reddie » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:19 pm

Snap!

The rears should certainly be higher than the fronts - info seems to vary on exactly what pressures to use, but 27/34 was suggested. I prefer mine a little higher than that and am running 30/36. The Synchrone is quite a hard ride though so I may have overdone it. But I spend a lot of time with weight in the back on motorways...
John - CSK072
WebMaster - www.rangerovercsk.com