Radio wiring diagram

Restoring or repairing your CSK? Please share the joy (or otherwise!) here, and also please feel free to ask questions too. We'll try to help but our advice is an opinion only and you use it at your own risk...

Radio wiring diagram

by stuclark » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:30 am

I'm wanting to change the radio in my CSK to a slightly newer unit (92 spec Clarion CD head unit) which of course has the now standard radio connectors. However, the radio / casette currently in the car (also a Clarion unit) doesn't have these connectors and is wired in to different plugs / sockets.

I'd really like to be able to fit a conversion type of cable which would allow me to swap between the "new" and old radio units. Can anyone help me with the wiring...?
CSK 109: Genuinely 34K miles, genuinely unrestored, genuinely in need of some TLC.

Re: Radio wiring diagram

by John.Reddie » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:27 pm

I'm about to do a similar job and if I figure it all out then I'll happily post the wiring diagram here. Next w/e with luck...
John - CSK072
WebMaster - www.rangerovercsk.com

Re: Radio wiring diagram

by stuclark » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:27 pm

I've been having another look into this... I'm beginning to think that the biggest problem might be the inclusion / lack of an amplifier in the radios.

I *think* that the standard radio / cassette in the CSK has an amp built in to it, but it seems that the unit I want to replace it with (PRC8733) doesn't have a built-in amp, so requires an external one (and therefore requires extra wiring).

Or at least, that's what I *think* the various wiring diagrams are telling me...
CSK 109: Genuinely 34K miles, genuinely unrestored, genuinely in need of some TLC.