Hella auxiliary lights: New question

Restoring or repairing your CSK? Please share the joy (or otherwise!) here, and also please feel free to ask questions too. We'll try to help but our advice is an opinion only and you use it at your own risk...

Hella auxiliary lights: New question

by CSKFanInDallas » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:14 pm

Could a CSK owner out there kindly measure the distance between the centers of your Hella driving lights (the ones mounted on the bumper) and let me know that measurement? I'd be most grateful. Thank you, and warmest regards.

Re: Hella auxiliary lights: New question

by John.Reddie » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:47 pm

I'm in quandary over this question. If your intention is to mimic a CSK then I'm not sure that this information should be made available. But assuming that your intention is merely to pay homage to the coolest front end of a classic RR on the road, and that you have the correct Hellas etc. etc., then I guess I could get out the tape measure...

Would you mind confirming that your intentions are honourable before I let you loose on my "daughter" ? !!!!
John - CSK072
WebMaster - www.rangerovercsk.com

by CSKFanInDallas » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:02 am

Indeed, to honor! I liked your question, and I understand your protectiveness! I am not building a "fake" CSK, but instead looking to add the Hella Rallye 1000s to the front bumper of my Rangie, a 1992 white 4-door Classic. I've always liked the dignified look of the CSK front, and, of course, the idea of extra lighting power up front. The U.S.-spec round headlamps are terrible, by the way. So I actually hunted on eBay and through other channels for almost 2 years for the Hella Rallye 1000s! I scored a set that had never been installed - pristine! So I thought in keeping with my passion for all things "exact," that I'd go with the same spacing as the CSK. But, actually, I do notice that some CSKs do seem to have the lights mounted closer together than others. Have you noticed that, indeed, there were variations even from the factory? -Rob

by j,moore » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:36 pm

hi, i dont think there were variations by land rover but the price of replacement bumpers caused some owners to buy a standard chrome bumper and then drill the holes in it in a near enough is good enough manner. also depending on the angle at witch the photo is taken the lamps do seem to be different from one to the other.
thats my idea anyway.
see you soon, jim.