Wipers don't wipe!

Restoring or repairing your CSK? Please share the joy (or otherwise!) here, and also please feel free to ask questions too. We'll try to help but our advice is an opinion only and you use it at your own risk...

Wipers don't wipe!

by Johnners » Mon May 28, 2007 1:48 pm

Hi, all; got G15 CSK back from it's sill repairs, and just to prove it's got a sense of humour the wipers have packed in. They were increasingly 'clunky' as they swept over to the right hand A pillar and then they started to wipe intermittently (even when not on intermittent wipe!) and then gave up the ghost altogether.

Any diagnoses, anyone?

Cheers. John

Re: Wipers don't wipe!

by stuclark » Tue May 29, 2007 11:02 am

This may sound silly, but check the wiper arms are not loose on their drive stubs. Mine had come loose and stopped working (the resistance of the wiper on the screen was more than that holding the arm onto the driver taper)

Alternatively, I've heard that there can be issues with the drive mechnanism under the decker panel falling apart.
CSK 109: Genuinely 34K miles, genuinely unrestored, genuinely in need of some TLC.

Re: Wipers don't wipe!

by Johnners » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:13 pm

Thanks Stu,

Paul at York LandRover Services (YLS) has investigated and replaced the wiper motor with a second hand spare. It was burnt out. Why this should have made it clunky I'm not sure, but hey ho; they work now so thanks to Paul (as ever) we're on the road again. I've been smoking round York with sunroof open, door windows down, and side windows slid right back!

Cheers, JD